Monday, November 24, 2014

SCARY SWEETS & GHOULISH TREATS: IT'S HALLOWEEN!

It's HALLOWEEN TIME!! I love Halloween. And not just for the candy (although that is a bonus). I just love the idea of dressing up as a character for a night. The hubby and I have had some fabulous couples costumes over the years, but now that we are super old, we don't really have any parties or anything to dress up for...sad face.

We decided to do Halloween themed food this week. We had a great time hanging out and enjoying all the fun foods!

L to R: Laura & Cooper, Michele, Alison, Belinda (aka Mustard), Julie, Brandi (aka Bat-woman), Shelly, Steph & Charlie

Costumes were encouraged, but optional. We were the only cools ones...obviously...
P.S. Belinda - I love you! You're the mustard to my ketchup :)))

I had a lot of fun breaking out my Halloween decorations! ENTER IF YOU DARE!

Spooky spiderweb :)

We made personalized tombstones for everyone - so fun!






I will take a brief moment to make an embarrassing confession. I have to send pictures from my phone to my email in batches of 5-6 at a time. I thought I had sent three batches in a row to my email, then deleted them off my phone. Apparently, one batch didn't go through - or perhaps I didn't touch send - I'm not quite sure. Either way, the following will be a blend of real pictures and pictures that I'm going to pull from either Google Images or Pinterest. I will try to keep it as close to the real thing as possible. SORRY!!


MUMMY DOGS
Contributed by: Belinda & Mallory














1 package hot dogs
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
Cheese (optional)
Mustard for eyes

Preheat oven to 375F. Separate the dough into 4 square sections and press together the perforations. Cut each section into thin strips using a pizza cutter. Wrap pieces of dough around each hot dog to resemble bandages. *NOTE: before you wrap, it is optional to add a strip of cheese with the hot dog and wrap it in with the dough. Be sure and leave room for the face. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake on center rack uncovered for about 15 minutes or until the dough is golden brown. Remove from oven and when cool, place dots of mustard to create eyes.


SPIDERWEB GUACAMOLE DIP
Contributed by: Julie













[STAY TUNED...RECIPE TO COME]


BOO COOKIES
Contributed by: Michele



















1 pkg Nutter Butter cookies
1 baker's bar of white chocolate
Mini chocolate morsels
Wax paper

Melt white chocolate according to package. Dip cookies in chocolate and set on wax paper to cool. Before the white chocolate sets, insert morsels as eyes and nose of the "ghosts". Let cool completely.


HALLOWEEN CUPCAKES
Contributed by: Laura















[STAY TUNED...RECIPE TO COME]


CHOCOLATE-DIPPED PRETZEL FINGERS
Contributed by: Julie



















Pretzel sticks
Baker's chocolate
Almond slivers

Melt the chocolate, dip pretzel sticks in melted chocolate, and lay on a sheet of parchment paper. Before the chocolate cools and dries, add an almond sliver to the end to create a "fingernail".


OREO EYEBALLS
Contributed by: Brandi















1 pkg Oreo cookies
1 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg white almond bark
Red and blue icing (the kind in the tubes found in the baking section of the grocery store)
Mini chocolate chip morsels

Crush cookies very fine either by using a food processor or by placing them in a sealed bag and crushing them with a mallet or rolling pin. Using an electric mixer, add softened cream cheese to crushed cookie mixture and mix until well blended. Scoop out and form into 1 inch balls and place on waxed paper until ready to dip. Melt almond bark either by using a double boiler or microwave (45 seconds at a time and stirring in between until completely melted). Dip each cookie ball into almond bark and place back on waxed paper to cool completely.  Using the red and blue tube icing, design the eyeballs. Top with mini chocolate chip morsel to make the 'pupil'. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.


HOT CIDER
Contributed by: Shelly














--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, I leave you with two things:

1. A picture of my nephew in his first pair of jeans. He is so stinkin' cute!

2. The Word of God

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." 1 Corinthians 6:19

Lord, I thank you for your Holy Spirit that is alive in me. I pray that you help me to remember daily that my body is a temple and is not my own. Help me to listen through you and speak through you. Help me to see through your eyes and recognize needs and opportunities to help others around me. In your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment